Village Hall Clock Appeal

The clock on Barningham village hall vanished sometime around 1916 (see stories in our Archive newsletter) and we decided the year of the royal diamond jubilee was a good time to replace it.

We invited donations from local organisations, villagers past and present, and anyone else with links to the village, and within six weeks raised the money. The history group gave a guarantee of up to £250.

The names of all who have contributed, and those of anyone in whose memory donations have been made, will go on a scroll to be exhibited permanently in the hall.

The new clock was unveled on June 2nd 2012 by the village’s two oldest residents, George Alderson and Betty Metcalf. See pic below.

Comments are closed.